Tracy's Progress

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Welcome to My Personal Fitness Challenge Day 140 and thoughts on running a half marathon

Welcome to My Personal Fitness Challenge Day 140

Wow has my life changed for the better in just 140 days.  I was privileged enough to be chosen as participant in Team Fitness new TF+ program back in Aug 2013.  At that time I was over 100 lbs overweight and at a pretty low point in my life. Good intentions were not helping me loose weight.  I kept trying different things but with only me to disappoint (or so I thought) it was easy to give up.  I will start again on Monday.  Sound familiar?   

Now 140 days later I am 49.8 lbs lighter and so much healthier and happier.  I was telling my friends and workout buddies at Team Fitness that I have never made it this far and felt so strong and positive that I am going to do it this time.  I could never quit, I am too high on this feeling.  I am addicted to feeling the after effects of a good hard workout, the tougher the better.  It doesn't hurt one bit that every single day at least 2 people ask me what I am doing or that I look great.  Funny story; I was walking up the stairs at work talking to a coworker when another coworker coming up the stairs behind me said "Hey Tracy, your losing weight"  I smiled and thought "he's looking at my butt"  LOL I thought about saying out loud but didn't.  I just said why yes I am.  I beam inside when someone says something.  I don't want that to stop either.  I can't quit I have too many people cheering me on!

Now a note on the upcoming BMO half marathon.  Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a runner.  I never have been, but for some reason when Lauren asked me to run with her I thought another challenge that helps me get to my goal.  Ok, I accept that challenge.  I ran a couple of times before actually officially registering.  The second time I ran I bonked.  Weirdest feeling to be feeling strong muscle wise and cardio wise and yet your legs feel like concrete and you just can't run.  My gas tank was just empty.  I have a weight loss goal to be under 200 lbs by Feb 15th.  To accomplish this Leanne has me on a lower calorie diet.  Turns out this makes it hard to workout hard.  I do love the fact that I lost 4 lbs this week but I do need to train for this marathon.  I want both!  I want to lose weight fast and I want to be able to run.  I am going to stick to this lower calorie diet and just add a little more before I run.  See how this week goes.

After my last run I thought I might not be able to do this marathon, maybe I am not cut out for it.  After a couple days I went to the BMO website and signed up.  I am going to do this, I still had second thoughts but Lauren and I went running the Stanley Park Seawall today.  We ran/walked 8 km and then walked the last 2 km to our vehicles.  It felt great!  I now know that I can do this!

I won't be done my journey until at least September 2014 but I can tell you life is so much brighter right now, it will only get better and I am so excited about what the weeks and months a head hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment