Tracy's Progress

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Welcome to My Personal Fitness Challenge Day 104 and Surviving Christmas as a loser.


Welcome to My Personal Fitness Challenge Day 104

Well it's day 104 on my weight loss journey.  I find the longer I am on this journey the more my life is changing.  It's not all about my body getting smaller, that is just a very positive side effect of my participation in this challenge.  The biggest change is happening in my brain. I have been successful on diets before, I lost 54 lbs in 2008.  What has never happened before is the change in my thinking.  I don't feel deprived, I simply don't want all the foods that made me fat.  I am now firmly addicted to the feeling that exercise gives me.  I am looking forward to my boot camp and almost feel excited as the time approaches.

I just survived the week of Christmas with a 2 lb loss.  It didn't look good for a loss but I really should learn to wait and see what Saturday morning holds.  The little metal box in my bathroom was once again good to me, even though I was not perfect on Christmas Eve or Christmas day. Well I wasn't terrible either.  Christmas past was much more calorie rich than this year.  I had my Dad's home made egg nog both Christmas Eve and Christmas morning.  It is tradition and one I did not want to go without.  My Dad just moved out here from Nova Scotia this year and I just had to take advantage of having his eggnog at Christmas. It's really not that bad.  2% milk, egg yolk and nutmeg with a merang topping. So I have not had milk in awhile and there is sugar in the merang but really not that bad.  On Christmas day I brought all the fixings for a green smoothie lunch only to find my mother in law's blender was broken.  I decided to have some of the low fat chicken noodle soup hubby was having with crackers.  Still not too terrible but yet not on my food plan.  I also had about 6 multi-grain taco chips with salsa and maybe a bit too much sweet potato on my Christmas dinner plate but I did skip the potato, stuffing and gravy.  Before bed I had one more digression.  One chocolate covered cherry for a serious treat.  In previous years I would have easily had 5 or 6 so I felt good about having one.

I had an excellent workout with Sarah on Thursday evening and I decided to check out the beginner boot camp on Friday evening.  Much to my surprise I was the only one to show up.  Even thought I offered to take off and go to the Rec Center Eric said nope you came down and we shall get to it, and get to it we did. I have never had a personal training session and I have to say I felt seriously worked out when we were done.  I was exhausted and exhilarated all  at the same time.  I am sure it made the difference on the scale Saturday morning, and I woke up feeling totally sore in my back, neck and shoulders.  I have not felt that sore after a workout in a while. No matter I got up and took an advil and had a hot shower and headed back to Team Fitness for my Saturday morning workout with Sarah and my TF+ buddies.  Tristan you were totally missed.  Where the hell have you been??  Get back on track my friend, your life depends on it.  As I said to Katherine today, I wish someone had gotten through to me 15 years ago,  Tracy put yourself first, get your weight off, eat healthy exercise, your life will be so much fuller, you will be so much happier!!  Listen!!!  
I didn't get it until now.  My young friends on the TF+ team please listen, put yourself first! Get in shape and life will be so much brighter.  Ok, off my soap box and enough rambling for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment